View Single Post
Old 07-12-2004, 03:03 PM   #380
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Gwyllion swayed unsteadily on her feet and wondered if fainting or having a fit was better....they both fell nasty afterwards. That much was certain. She felt as if her legs had turned to water and as if her head had become hollow. Odd. Very odd.

Why had she gone into a faint anyway? The fight. The blood from Aeron's nose. Why did he have to be so blunt? So typical of a boy.

She crept toward Aeron who was standing next to Grond. He raised his head, saw that it was her, frowned at her, and then turned away. Gwyllion felt her pale cheeks grow red and she wanted to hit him. Why was he like that? All because she had called him a monster! Half of it was in fun and half was not and he should have known better!

But no, instead of welcoming her, asking if she was alright, he goes and turns away! It would not be so bad if he pushed her away. "Aeron?" she asked. "What is the matter."

"The matter is," he said, face turned away. "You betrayed me. Ravion turned the truth into a mean rotten dirty lie. Mellonin attacked me for no reason. Raefindan told me to search my heart carefully --" here is voice twisted into a mocking imitation -- "as if there is anything to find."

"Aeron," said Gwyllion, "you can be blunt, just do not put a dagger in it. You hurt Mellonin's feelings."

He did not turn his head.

Gwyllion licked her lips. "Aeron! Please look at me."

"No. You are dead to me. Go away."

Gwyllion considered hurling a pile of mud at him but when a search did not reveal a handy mud bog she changed her mind and said, "Aeron...try to look at it from Mellonin's point of view. Please."

She watched him and then slumped to the ground on the other side of Grond. What a grand day it had been today.