View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 12:12 PM   #117
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Just to clarify, yes, the Dwarves will probably know each other's faces at least. Also, no way do we have to know who's whose friend at this point. But everybody who thinks they'd feel better knowing their characters relations beforehand, feel free to make suggestions. It's just whichever way of working you prefer. I will probably ask for more friends/relations/rivals for my characters as the game progresses and inspiration strikes, and you others are encouraged to do that too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin
That military training struck me as strange, but not unlikely, that and her parents breaking up but that was about it.
Oh, but that was even more accidental. Dwarf women just always struck me as rather independent, and of course it was no way an official divorce of anything, if that eases your conservative mind, my friend...

And anyway, I predict it will be good to have one woman around who is not so young (not that she's old either...) and who has some military training...

Quote:
I think that it would be more likely for a certain level of animosity between the two of them. Vigdis you say likes masonry and turned books down a longtime ago, whereas books are Nali's pursuit. Also, Nali might not appreciate a girl (oops...) such as Vigdis, being a dwarf of high quality he's use to higher class women.
Sounds good. And PS. Nali may call Vigdis a girl since he's that old, but I don't promise she will take it kindly... *mischevious grin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Sounds like a plan Lommy. A bit of a friends when they meet but they don't really seek each other out thing?
Yep.

Quote:
Lommy- That girl (oops... this is getting fun *big smile*) Vigdis would grind with Nisa's gentle nature. Do you think that it would be alright to have a some resentment towards them (working class vs. aristocracy)?
Yesss! I think Vigdis would consider women like Nîsa pretty useless...

Quote:
To your character Vigdis, I've been thinking about it and Nali might actually like Vigdis more than I thought. Maybe just some mere admiration for her work, but I don't know if Vigdis will accept this or be disgusted by it.
Oh, sounds good - I will think about it how Vigdis thinks about him and his attitude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Hmm, I guess Kor and Korin are a little purposeless...do you want me to give them a craft? I mean, they could easily be fine basic laborers.
They don't necessarily need to have one, but you should maybe think about whow they made their living back home etc...

And lastly, if the last-minute planning takes time, it's all my fault. :-)