View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 08:38 AM   #896
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
"Your first day? Really? I never would have guessed - you seem a part of the place already. Though I had heard of the cook's disappearance. It must have made things very difficult." Elin paused for a moment's consideration. "I think, if I won't be too much in the way it would be easier if I came to the kitchen. I'll probably have to steep anything we find in hot water anyway. I'll just check on Annie and be along shortly." Penny nodded and Elin turned and went back to the room to find her daughter had just woken and had missed her.

"You lef'me" Annie was not at her best when first awake even when well and she looked both grumpy and accusing as she addressed her mother.

"I was only in the corridor, talking to Penny; she brought me some tea and we didn't want to wake you, my darling", Elin had knelt by the little bed and drawn her child in to her arms to comfort her. She planted a kiss on the small frowning brow. "But I do want to go to the kitchen to see if I can make you a special drink to make you feel better. You'd be alright here with Isildur wouldn't you?"

Annie shook her head firmly "Don't want you to go." She tightened her fists around handfuls of her mother's dress.

"So you want to come with me? Well if you do, remember if you are well enough to be up, you are well enough to behave. Agreed? " Annie nodded.

So Elin helped Annie back into her blue wool dress and pulled from her bag slippers and a soft wool shawl of a lighter bluewhich she wrapped closely about the child. Then digging deeper she pulled out a squarish oilcloth wrapped bundle and deciding that she would follow Penny's example rather than try to pin up her hair in a hurry, she found a raspberry pink scarf to restrain her own curls. Finally they were ready to go. She shepherded Annie along with one hand and managed the bundle and the tea tray with the other.

She managed to create enough sense of purpose in crossing the common room that no one waylaid her but she did notice that Al was once again alone save his vittles. Though she chided herself for a lack of charity even as she thought it, it occurred to Elin that things that couldn't think for themselves were perhaps the best company for that hobbit.

Reaching the kitchen, Elin tapped gently on the open door. "May I come in? I am afraid I have brought the patient with me - she woke up and didn't want to be left alone."