View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 10:31 AM   #29
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye the phantom's take....

Erebor 0 - 1 Angband

The result was not surprising here, but I am shocked that Angband didn't outshoot Erebor by more than 6-3. Thuringwethil played up to expectations, displaying the speed and guile of a true vampire queen.

Lothlorien 0 - 0 Shire

Boring to watch, and honestly these two teams deserve to be disqualified after that gutless performance. They played as if they had already sewn up births in the next round, which they may have just kept themselves from doing by being content to pick up one point instead of three. Within their group, Tuna is superior at every position and Brethil is solid with an all-star scorer up front, so really I don't understand Lothlorien and Shire's tactic. At least there was one positive note- I didn't see blatant underhanded play from the Shire. Perhaps it was Frodo and Merry behind all the schemes last year, and with them gone we will see better sportsmanship.

Mordor 0 - 1 Roverandom

Sauron has got to be furious after dominating shots and posession and yet still managing to lose. This was not so much a great game by Roverandom as it was Mordor swooping in and seizing defeat from the jaws of victory. Of course, that sort of thing seems to happen to Sauron now and then.

Rohan 0 - 2 Inklings

Despite the fact that I didn't pick Inklings to advance, this result is not terribly shocking to me. I knew Inklings had a bit more potential than the other new teams, but I didn't want to rate them too high early on seeing as they've never been in the tournament before. If today's match was any indication, they are a real contender, because Rohan is no push over.