View Single Post
Old 07-21-2001, 10:39 AM   #6
Imbear Nolwehin
Pile O'Bones

Imbear Nolwehin has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pile o' Bones
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Purgatory

Greetings,
Gollum was not in possession of a ring when the one Ring failed. So I think that he would not have vanished as Sauron's others servants did. Mostly, because Gollum was not a shade or wraith as of yet.

Neither do I think that all of his &quot;years&quot; would come flooding back to kill him in a phantasmagoric hobbit to withered ash and bone scene.

He would, however, feel very very old and wretched. Without food and water immediately, his spirit would have failed and his body die. I think he would not have accepted help, and so would have ended.

As much as I argue that Gollum was literally become a ghoul or demon during his courses, I also feel that the final fires and the destruction of the Ring began a purging of his part (without credit to himself of course). With this in mind, who can say where Gollum is now. In the halls of Mandos, waiting? Maybe waiting until Dagor Dagorath, when all the mars of Arda(he being one) will be brought forth and cleansed and made good.

Imbëar

</p>
Imbear Nolwehin is offline   Reply With Quote