View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 01:08 PM   #83
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

Now that it's definite that PJ will not be back on board, I have to admit some skepticism about the whole project.

The movies stayed true to the spirit, if not the letter, of the books...And now that we know the same team won't be around, it makes me even more grateful for what we already had. It could be so much worse, though there is room for some improvement. There were problems and differences, but what they produced was a coherent adaptation of the LOTR book. They worked out of well-meaning passion for the story, and it could be much, much worse. We could wind up with a writer/director team only looking to please mainstream fans (in general, that means not us), and only after the money involved. Such movies would be tired and dull and definitely not up to standard.

I don't mean to be a pessimist about the whole thing, but I just feel like PJ is the man for LOTR...even though I know that many, especially here, will not agree with me. I didn't realize how much I trusted him until I read the news and began worrying: Oh no! What's going to happen now?!

I agree with Rikae's feelings about this movie.

I just don't trust anyone else with Middle-earth. *ducks, runs, hides*

Last edited by Azaelia of Willowbottom; 11-25-2006 at 01:17 PM.
Azaelia of Willowbottom is offline   Reply With Quote