View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 08:43 AM   #120
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

Mänwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Mänwe
Tolkien

Brinniel, now a Tarantino film would be interesting. I bet on the Battle of the Five Armies scene morphing into black and white with katana wielding elves neatly taking off hands and feet of unfortunate orcs and goblins.

But it seems people are worried about the script and "feel" of the film. Which are obviously two highly important aspects of a film. Perhaps 'The Hobbit' without PJ will lack the same emotional quality, but would bring another script team. Can you see PJ working with anyone else other than Fran Walsh? So yes, perhaps a film without PJ would bring something new and better to the script. Although the obvious downside is, we won't know what it will be like until it came out. (If the film goes ahead.) Whereas we know what to expect if the "LoTR" script team also writes 'The Hobbit'.

Yet despite all the positives and negatives of not having PJ as director for 'The Hobbit' and all the contested points on his "LoTR", I would still be disappointed if he were not the director.

And seeing as we are suggesting directors, why not approach Christopher Tolkien?
- (Letter #124 To Sir Stanley Unwin)
Mänwe is offline   Reply With Quote