View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 01:58 PM   #112
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Continuing then...as a matter of aside, I really hate financial advising appointments. I mean really is it necessary to take hours to only learn you have no money?

Nienna in 28
Quote:
I have no real thoughts on the day except that Mnemo's suggestion worries me. Gifteds revealing this early is never a good idea. Maybe in a few days or when we are getting desperate but not on Day One.
This looks innocent, disagrees and notes the risk of it. Plus her other post today (#92) looks good too, I just wish Nienna would step out more. You've got a smart mind, have some confidence and trust it.

So we reach Legate in #33, I think this was before the post where Nogrod points to taking a moral high-ground. Others have already brought up that the Ranger wouldn't have to reveal, but I want to look at this (bold my emphasis)...
Quote:
I would not really be so hasty," he interfered, knocking the trunk of a nearby tree, "with all this talk about revelations. It is a good idea by itself, but it all depends just on good luck. Even if all worked well, if the Seer catches no Wolf in some three consequent days (see below), he or she may as well die without being of much of a real use.
What? The seer is no real use unless xe catches wolves? When did the idea that the seer needs to do our work for us happen? Ok, maybe that's rhetorical because it is always nice when the seer says "here's your wolves people." But how often does that really happen?

Most of the wolf-lynchings that happen are done by our own work and sweat, and a sprinkle of good fortune. Any information a seer gives is valuable, whether the seer knows wolves or not. Known innocents may become a night target, but it also limits the unknown number, thus increasing our chances to lynch a wolf during the day. Sorry, saying the seer would be no use unless the seer has a wolf is just wrong.

Greenie in 36:
Quote:
I agree with Nienna and Nerwen and Legate and who not that it would be more of a risk than a gain to reveal the Seer this early, even with the Night Guard thing. (Read Legate's post for my train of thoughts, for he put it far clearer than I could have. ) Actually I'm feeling a bit worried about Mnemo at the moment - or rather, wondering whether I should be. It just popped into my mind that a wolf might like to try and get the Seer out in the open as soon as possible.
Possibly, but would you say a wolf would continue to defend the idea, and argue for it, even after many people expressed their disagreements with it?

And that's about all I feel like commenting on, or what hasn't been said/who hasn't been pointed out. For, I concur with Nogrod about Lommy objecting because it would be unfair to the wolves. Although, sally hints at the same thing, and I really don't find her suspicious. I just wish ye both would get out of your heads that we have to play nicely with the wolves. Of course there are always certain things off limit, as meta-gaming reasons, but look these are the weapons we've been given to work with...let's try to use them. Don't do the wolves work for them, let them figure out how they want to beat whatever plans we come up with.

Edit: crossed with Kit and on.