View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 05:08 PM   #145
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sorry, but this just is not going to Mordor - Christmas. It's my very favourite time of year, and my favourite time of the whole year is between 4 and 6pm on Christmas Eve. It's gone dark, you get the lights switched on, and maybe watch the Carols from Kings on BBC2 while you finish off trimming those parcels and stashing them beneath the tree. You have a drink, maybe a mince pie (even if you don't like mince pies, this is compulsory), and peruse the Radio Times for what's on TV later. All the time you're remembering what it was like when you were excited about what Father Christmas was going to bring you, and wondering if you'd see him - even though you also remember that the Christmas you stopped 'believing' was the one where you woke up to find your dad, dressed in vest and underpants, putting the presents under the tree at 5am, and swigging the glass of whisky he always told you that Father Christmas preferred to Sherry.

I'll stop now because this must be making everyone sick...