View Single Post
Old 09-05-2002, 11:44 PM   #37
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Sounds good. I'm in.

I'm working on Child's background bio. It will probably be next week till I can post it on account of our holidays this weekend.

Rumor has it that one of Child's aunts has mysteriously died and left her with a small inheritance which might possibly help her to invest in the Star. I fear, however, that this sum of money is quite meager, and Child will be unpleasantly surprised to find she doesn't have enough to do what she wants. So I guess she will have to "lower her standards" and go along with the somewhat disreputable Pio and Bird, as well as the slightly more reputable Mithadan. (Parts of Child are positively Victorian, but I guess that is true of much of the Shire.)

Ah, yes, those vexing lost hobbits. Many years ago, when she was bothering her neighbor Bilbo, he told her a strange tale about a group of "lost" hobbits who lived along a seacoast and made their living from the sea. This fired her imagination, and she has wondered about it ever since.

I am not yet certain what Child finds in Minas Tirith, but my guess is that she is searching through ship's logs from the Third Age. One of them may include to brief and fleeting reference to a large storm and a subsequent rescue of something referred to as a "sea hobbit." Unfortunately, this sea hobbit was so injured by the storm that he immediately died. This occurred in the Bay of ____________ where we later find Kali. (Someone please fill in this blank.)

[ September 06, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]