View Single Post
Old 09-01-2003, 08:41 PM   #214
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Hey I just saw a movie called Dune with my Dad last night. And thought I recognised one of the characters, a crazy looking "doctor". <BR>Come to the credits, and it was Brad Dourif! Very strange without the Grima makeup, but same sort of character. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Ah yes! Mentat Piter DeVries, the 'advisor' of sorts to the outrageous villain Baron Vladimir Harkonnen! "It is by will alone I set my mind in motion...." I still quote a few of his lines from that movie, a rather odd, David Lynch take on the science fiction classic. I saw this in the theatre in 1984, and they handed out little booklets with a vocabulary so you would be able to follow the terms in the movie--it was THAT complicated. Luckily, and unluckily, I had read the book and instead of reading the booklets, my co-filmgoers asked me questions all through the film! <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Alright, is it just me, or has Ian Holm been in everything?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I think he has, actually! He is just too much fun to watch though! I might add him to the "men who can't say no" list (Michael Caine is a notable member), but I've really enjoyed every role I can remember having seen him in!<P>Cheers,<BR>Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote