View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 09:18 AM   #430
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Come on! Let's rally for Smaug! Let's give it a great finish! He's cooler! He can fly! He spits red and green flames! He talks to Hobbits!
Thank you, Legate! Glaurung's a worm (isn't that a bit disgusting when you think about it) Smaug is a full blooded dragon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
And yet caused much more damage. Doesn't that make him even more amazing?
In a way. He was obviously bigger than any other dragon; ergo, the key to his success. I don't find it attractive how he's always accompanied by a great army when he goes fighting (except for those two times when he got seriously wounded and killed), dragons should be more independent.

Quote:
And his "playing" with the children of Hurin makes him much more evil. Smaug just kills (yes, there was that bit where he was thinking of picking of the Lake men if I recall correctly, but he failed). Glaurung makes people suffer for his own pleasure. Doesn't that make him more evil?
Not really, he got killed by toying with his food. I like people, or dragons in this case, who are more straight forward with their work.