Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 03:25 AM   #2131
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
There are a few words that give a clue to more than one element like in my set of clues I used absorb, take in, and follow... there are others.

With your clue you are getting there. However there is no indication of what you are looking for which you need to be a fair clue. Ideally the solver should be fairly certain they are right when they hit on the right answer but the setter can play around with synonyms and puns and grammer to lead them astray. Personally, being old and text speak being a mystery (thinking LOL meant lots of love for ages.....that was awkward at times) I would give a "sounds like" indicator for you/ u but younger players might disagree!

So at the moment it looks like Music is the "straight clue" so if I were setting on these lines I might do

Cordial note led you, I hear, to partial vortex (/whirlpool/eddy/other synonym)

or

Sounds like you and half-hearted Eddy, followed music to Elvish Spirit

Not saying that these are great clues but they follow the conventions indicating order etc. The straight clue usually goes at one end. Sometimes the straight clue is incorporated in the cryptic but I can't think of one of the top of my head.

Sorry if you feel like you are back at school but it is enthusiasm not criticism. Partly it is code and convention and having a warped and twisty mind.
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote