View Single Post
Old 12-12-2004, 01:57 PM   #4
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
But in all of those ocurrences term 'supernatural' is more applicable than merely 'parallel', as the latter term implies equality, and inability to 'mix up' at all - as far as my geometry goes (I will stand corrected if I err), parallel lines do not intersect
Parallel is the term you hear used most often, but perhaps if these are universes which we could enter, then they ought to be called tangent universes, as this would make sense to them 'touching' our own. I have to say I've never heard this as an explanation for the virgin birth, my own explanation is more prosaic.

Quote:
Parallel worlds meaning there's something else going on, something else happening RIGHT NOW, that we can't see, hear, feel, touch, and experience with our limitted human senses. Something else is happening, seperate from our own "earthly" world.
This is something else again, and I don't want to open the can of worms right now (the little blighters get everywhere), but this pastor sounds interesting!