Thread: Dumbing it down
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 03:33 PM   #207
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essex
PPS to those I annoyed by saying Live with it. We have to, it's as simple as that. I have to live with the constant dissing of these movies by a seemingly large percentage of barrow-down movie thread writers, and the people greatly annoyed by PJ's interpretation have to Live with the Film itself. But we are going around in circles here (but I can't stop either as I can't resist an argument).
Well, it has already been admitted that this is a circular discussion in nature. Like the orbit of Earth around the Sun, it cannot be any other. However, like the seasons that come up every time around, each argument/opinion is different than the last one like it. No two autumns/winters/summers/springs are the same, and in the same way are no two for/against/don't care opinions the same, nor are the way they are stated the same. And just as the variation from year to year gives us a greater appreciation for each season in general, so too does the variation from argument to argument give us a greater appreciation for each opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essex
PS the baski cartoon was a lot more faithful than PJ's versions. Are you saying this is a better adaptation?????
Actually, I didn't mind the Bakhshi cartoon. It wasn't as good filmically, but my main complaints when I saw it were the lack of wide vistas, the dark lighting, and the poorer sound quality, together with a less inspiring score. The story as they did it there did not irritate me nearly as much as Jackson's version. That's what really ticked me off when I saw FotR in theatres the first time. It was such an amazing movie visually, audibly, and musically, with talented actors, that I was really let down when they couldn't carry over that talent into the story.