View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 05:53 AM   #4
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ai ai ai guess if I too feel like drawing that now! As if I hadn't enough works under process...

I might draw Fingolfin on horseback, just because it's cool to draw mounted combats. And my Morgoth would be handsome, even if in a rough way - the evillest people are often also the most strikingly good-looking, at least that's how I like to imagine them. You don't have to be an orcish insect-faced giant to be described as terrible, it's enough if your bearing is arrogant and haughty; and that can be achieved with proper facial expressions instead of giving Morgoth horns and tentacles and whatnot.

I love Howe's picture but Nasmith's (even though it's technically fine) is somewhat ridiculous, just look at his Morgoth!

As for armoury then... You could emphasise Morgoth's northern barbarism by giving him a leather armour, but then again a full plate armour might fit the coward better. And even though he's a half god or whatever, don't make Grond unrealisticly big. The fact is, however strong he is, even he couldn't probably wield a 70kg mace effectively.

Anyway, I'd love to see the picture when it's finished.