View Single Post
Old 02-22-2003, 08:27 AM   #46
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
Silmaril

Post for Miz Rose by Pio

Rose was not feeling well today. She had gotten up from bed still tired, having spent most of the night trying to find a comfortable position to lie in. There were smudges under her eyes from lack of sleep and her face was pale. She had pretended to be asleep when Sam checked on her. Today was a day he was very much looking forward to and she meant not to worry him into staying home with her.

Once he had dressed and left the room, she rose and pulled on her clothes, then brushed her hair. A quick look in the looking glass revealed her pallid features and she bit her lips and pinched her cheeks to bring some color to them.

The first order of business for the day would be getting her hungry horde fed. As she walked down the hall to the kitchen, she saw that both Frodo-lad and Elanor were awake and up already. She called to them to come to the kitchen with her, she had something important to speak to them about.

‘I’m going to need your help today, Elanor and Frodo.’ she said as they came to sit at the kitchen table with her. ‘Today is a very important day for your father, and I want it to go smoothly for him.’ She rubbed her side, feeling a mild twinge take hold of her. ‘The baby kept me awake all night, and I am very tired. I don’t have the energy to do all of what needs to be done, so I am going to ask each of you to help.’ Both of them looked at her with solemn faces and nodded their assent.

‘Elanor, I want you to take charge of Rose, Goldilocks, and Hamfast. In fact, now that I think on it, Rose is old enough to help out. You can let her take Goldilocks in hand. And Frodo, you’ll need to see to Merry and Pippin. Everyone needs a good scrubbing, and I want them dressed later in their best outfits with their hair brushed, ready to go by six p.m. this evening. Give them a little snack just before we leave, so they won’t be too hungry while we wait for the dinner to begin. And make sure you pack along a few of their toys to keep them entertained.’
they both said 'yes' that they could do this. She looked at both of them, smiling, and patted them each on the cheek. ‘I am so lucky to have a son and daughter like you two!’

They both jumped up and gave her a big hug, saying not to worry they would take care of the little ones for her. She made to get up to start breakfast, but they protested, telling her to sit and be comfortable, they could do it. Elanor scrambled the eggs and made toast, while Frodo set the table and put out the butter and pots of thick, sweet strawberry jam.

He made tea from water Elanor had set boiling in the kettle, and brought his Mother a steaming, fragrant cup of it, along with the honey jar. She sat leaning back in her chair, feet up on the seat of the one next to her. Sipping on her tea, she sincerely hoped that she could make it through the party.

[ February 24, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]