View Single Post
Old 02-27-2003, 11:59 AM   #79
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Lorien sat in his chambers facing the West. He was as a statue, unmoving, but his eyes were open and glittered brightly in the candlelight. If any had been there to see, for a moment it would have appeared that his body became less distinct and that a light shone from within him. Then the moment passed and an old man sat on a chair clothed in gray robes. He nodded to no one that could be seen and smiled. I know, and we have set matters in motion.

Then his eyes dimmed and he straightened himself with a bit of a groan. Rubbing his back, he muttered, "How did Olorin put up with this for all these years." Then he stood and left the room. As he ambled down the hall, the noise from the common room grew louder. He stopped in the doorway to take in the merriment and happiness that filled the air. He observed Cami being swept away from Fatty by Angelica and was immediately aware of much which had transpired. He looked at Fatty with an impish grin. Nightmares for you tonight, little master. Cami is not for you...

Then he stepped forward into the night. The noise of the party became hushed suddenly as the guests took in the tall figure in the doorway. Then he smiled and waved to Bilbo who waved back, and the noise rose again.

He walked to the bar where Prim had just inserted a tap into a wooden keg. "May I?" he asked. "Of course," replied Prim. "The Golden Perch's finest!" She handed Lorien a half. He laughed. "What's this?" he cried. "One of Vairė's thimbles? No! Fetch me a real cup!" At a motion from Prim, one of the servers ran behind the bar and then returned quickly, bearing a pint mug which was promptly filled and passed to Lorien. He drained it in a single draught. Then, wiping his beard, he refilled it...

[ February 28, 2003: Message edited by: Mithadan ]