View Single Post
Old 06-17-2001, 03:13 AM   #36
the Lorien wanderer
Shade of Carn Dûm

the Lorien wanderer has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Shade of Carn Dûm
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re:

<blockquote>Quote:<hr> &quot;Gilthalion -- I'm startled and amazed by this statement, since Ayn was opposed to so many things that I know you to believe in. I don't want to get too far off track here, but I'll just note that Ayn Rand was an &quot;intransigent atheist&quot; and solidly rejected the notions of &quot;faith&quot; and &quot;altruism&quot;.&quot; <hr></blockquote>

Exactly. Even I was wondering about that particular comment.
However, I completely disagree with the rest of Mr. U's comments on Ayn Rand. It's highly idealistic and perhaps even unrealistic for many poeple. But call her an 'impractical dreamer' and you will immediatly fit in with the rest of the Peter Keatings. I'll stop here. This is the wrong thread to start a philosophical arguement.

I agree with what Zoe said. We're talking about 'best' aren't we? What does mass impact have to do with that? If we start measuring the best that way I suspect that Eminem or Britney Spears would be the best artiste in the world today according to you Gilthalion.

</p>
the Lorien wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote