View Single Post
Old 11-30-2004, 02:14 PM   #55
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420!

A simple quote will end this argument (hopefully it hasn't already been brought up). Eomer has already said Saruman isn't just a big white hand (lol ha). But anyway onto the quote...

Quote:
The Palantir
In a low hesitating voice Pippin began again, and slowly his words grew clearer and stronger. "I saw a dark sky, and tall battlements," he said. "And tiny stars. It seemed very far away and long ago, yet hard and claer. Then the stars went in and out - they were cutt off by things with wings. Very big, I think, really; but in the glass they looked like bats wheeling round the tower. I thought there were nine of them. One began to fly straight towards me, getting bigger and bigger. It had a horrible - no, now! I can't say.
"I tried to get away, because I thought it would fly out; but when it had covered all the globe, it disappeared. Then he[sic] came. He did not speak so that I could hear words. He just looked, and I understood...
No one can force the palantir to lie. Pippin saw "him," and if he saw him, then that must be his physical form, and again no one can force the palantir to lie.