View Single Post
Old 05-29-2004, 11:42 AM   #315
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Okay... I don't have time to quote it all now, but:

page 260 unfinished tales:
Quote:
Galador was the son of Imrazor the numenorean, awho dwelt in belfalas, and the elven lady Mithrellas. She was one of the companions of Nimrodel, among many of the elves who fled to the coast about the year 1980 of the third age... and nimrodel and her maidens stayed int he wooded hills, and were lost. But in this tale it is said that Imrazor harbored Mithrellas and took her to wife. But when she had borned him a son, Galador, and a daughter, Gilmith, she slipped away by night and he saw her no more.
Seems to me that he-- or somebody-- found her wandering and maybe hungry, and took her to Imrazor's house, and he "harbored" her-- "safe harbor" comes to mind, doesn't seem forced to me-- and then "he took her to wife". I figured she left because she didn't want to watch her husband get old and die.

Seems to me that by the time Nimrodel lay down beside the Mere of Gilrain, she was alone. page 254 unfinished tales:
Quote:
...she became lost in the white mountains......she sat by a mere, seeing the stars reflected in its dim waters, and listening to the waterfalls...
My expectations of the game are shifting... I had expected the two teams to be separate for quite some time, but now I expect they will join up much sooner, and take a more direct route to the Gilraen (at least) than i had previously planned. I think Erebemlin and Taitheneb, along with Liornung and Bella and anybody else who knows the song and the legends, will be thinking hard about them, and the GIlrain should become the focus of the search before too much longer. The focus on the Dagorlad and the Morannon (for now)was just to get them swinging westward so they could meet up with Ravion's group. I think we need that synergy for the game.

I'm leavng for my parents' house shortly and I'll be busy all day tomorrow. Feel free to gallop ahead. Speaking of Tomorrow: Happy Birthday Alak!!

Last edited by mark12_30; 05-29-2004 at 11:54 AM.