View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 02:51 AM   #281
Noinkling
Wight

Noinkling has just left Hobbiton.
Skirvir nodded thoughtfully at Seren as she asked her questions. ‘Good questions!’ he assured her as he stroked the sides of his chin where his beard grew thick. ‘And you know, I think I’ll end the tale here with the answering of them.’

He leaned forward a little on the step, easing out his left leg where he’d bent it beneath him as he first sat down. His toes had gone to sleep and he wriggled them about in his boot trying to bring some feeling back into them. ‘Let’s see – we Dwarves did move back beneath the Lonely Mountain. Cleared the passageways of dragon filth and put the gold and gems and such into storage rooms. And Mister Baggins – well he fared well enough. One of the best paid burglars we Dwarves have had the pleasure to work with. Deserved every bit of his portion.’ He cocked his head to one side, thinking. ‘It would be interesting, don’t you think to have Mister Baggins here where we could let him tell us the rest of the story? How he fared getting back to Bag End and what adventures he had along the way. I’m afraid I only know a wee bit of it.....just what I’ve passed on to you.

Skirvir reached out for his little carving of Smaug and scooped him up along with the small pile of gold coins that had played the treasure. He stood up, shoving the coins into one pocket and the carving into another.

‘I think I see someone’s mother waiting for them,’ he said, looking toward Dorlind and Daisy. ‘And you two,’ he went on turning his gaze to Taffy and Seren. ‘Best I not keep you out too late, else your mami says no more stories for the both of you.’

He watched as the children headed toward the door of the inn, waving as they turned back to wave to him. From the corner of his eye, Skirvir saw the Elf rise up from his seat on the ground in a graceful, effortless motion. He paid him no more mind than this, and turned to follow after the children.