View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 03:19 PM   #236
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Firstly, let's examine the Herbalist. I believe the Herbalist had one save. The reason for this is slightly meta, but I think it's fairly strong - if the Herbalist had more than one save, it becomes nearly impossible for the wolves to win in this setup.
Sounds like a stymied and frustrated wolf to me.

Quote:
In either case, the wolves need mislynches in order to win.
Hence the frustration. The Ward's initial adopted tactic of not lynching was specifically designed to counter this problem.

Quote:
What I think happened is this. The wolves deliberately targeted no-one two Nights ago. Kuru then claimed to be demoralized - no one counterclaimed him, because the wolves didn't actually target anyone. When he (obviously) didn't die toDay, well, that must have been the Herbalist's second save, right? Presto! Cleared innocent Kuru.
Why would the wolves fail to make a demoralization choice when as you say...

Quote:
As already has been established, the wolves only get 5 kills this game. Combine that with the delayed kill (establishing cleared innocents every day), the ability to no-lynch (denying the wolves possible mislynches), and an Herbalist with two saves, and you end up with the wolves only having three chances to take down the Bard and Herbalist (and that's not even factoring in possible Bard saves).
Failing to make demoralization choices could easily lead the wolves into a position where it is physically impossible for them to win.

The alternative is this risky scenario where for some reason I concoct this plan to become a known innocent so that...I as a wolf am unable to win the game because there are no longer enough possible kills...

That does not compute.

Quote:
I admit to skimming a bit in order to get my post in as quickly as I could. Reading back, I see Lal has already mentioned the possibility of a wolf no-kill and Kuru claiming to be demoralized. It's a good thought.
Or a sign of a plot developed in the NIGHT so that the wolves will be on the same page and saying the same thing during the DAY attacking one of the players that poses the greatest threat to them.

Xed with the last Shasta