View Single Post
Old 10-24-2002, 02:00 PM   #214
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Elanor bit her lip as Elwyn snapped at her sister. The witch had seen the coloured light flow from Mithwyns hand onto her sister, but it had been clear that she couldnt control her magic before, so it must have been triggered by a powerfl emotion. Like Love...
A look of bewildered hurt crossed Mithwyns face, before it switched back to her familiar look of contempt. Her eyes flicked up and she caught Elanors eyes when the human girl didnt look away fast enough.
"Whats your problem mortal?" She sneered quietly. Didnt mother ever tell you its rude to stare?"
The comment hit deep and the humans gaze caught the elfs. Mithwyn couldnt have known about Elanors past, which almost made it hurt even more...
She remembered the way Elwyns sister had used her magic in the past and the sympathy she had felt minutes ago subsided. Now it was Mithwyn turn to look away. She looked at her sister.
"Fine sister, I will never touch you, ever, again. I will never help you regain energy, I won't help you in any way at all, ever again. I will just merely sit here and lean against the wall and twittle my thumbs, shall I?" The elfwitch asked.
Elwyns face was shrouded in shadow and a layer of hair had fallen across it, covering her expression, but Elanor answered.
"No, you cannot just sit there and twiddle your thumbs." She failed to cover the hate in her voice, pushing aside the vision of the blazing boys. "You know things, and we need answers."
Mithwyns glare sild back to Elanor. "And why would I answer to a lowly mortal-"
"With powers far outdoing yours?" Elanor interrupted.
Mithwyns fists were clenched as she paused. Then she spread them sharply, walking away up the steps. "Whatever." She muttered.
Elanor hadnt realised she had been holding her breath until she let it out quickly. She counted to ten in her head and looked at Elwyn and the woman on the floor. Another elf. The witch knew she shouldnt feel resentful, but she couldnt help it. The woman sat up suddenly.
"Iarwing!"
Elanor raised an eyebrow at Elwyn, who shrugged. Mind probong would be so much quicker...no, immoral, mustnt be blazing immoral.
"And how are you this fine day? I dont belive we've met, Im the only flaming human girl on this quest, plus Im a witch, hey one of a kind, lucky me!"
She bit back these sarcastic words that leapt to her lips and instead nodded to the woman wordlessly. The woman filled in with enough for both of them.
"Thank you...I am forever in your debt. If there is anything, anything you could need my help with, then I am at your command. I am Nuinlome of Lothlorien, it is a extreme pleasure to meet you all."
"Im Elanor Istavaira."
Elwyn seemed to come out of her trance. "Elwyn." She introduced herself shortly.
Elanor held out her hand to the woman, pulling her to her feet. As Nuin started to talk again she held up a hand.
"We shall hear everything later. For now, I think we need to find food. And the others."