View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 08:37 PM   #12
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
I do have a question, Farael (or anyone) if you can answer it: Do you know much about the guild system in-game? I remember bits and pieces from way back, when I was actually in a guild, but I imagine quite a bit has probably changed since then.
I haven't had a chance to try the Kinship (guild) system, I only tried out the fellowship one. Fellowships are easy to form, easy to run and other than some minor glitches it worked just fine. I'm sure those glitches be fixed for the final release though.

For the record, a fellowship is like a short-term Kinship (guild)... there are probably some more bonuses for a kinship, but you definitely get benefits if you form a fellowship... the game is developed in such way that, while all characters COULD play by themselves almost all the time (save some few "fellowship quests" that you can still try alone but you probably won't be able to survive that) being part of a fellowship definitely makes the game easier.

There's also a way of configuring your chat window for a fellowship-only chat, and you get to see the other players in your mini-map. If you are on a mission of "kill X amount of such creature" or "find X amount of Y thing" all the players pool up their results, so it's A LOT faster that way.

Anyway, is there any interest in forming an (unofficial 'till we all get to play ) Kinship for the 'downers?

I'm guessing (or at least, hoping) that you like to play focusing on roleplaying rather than mad leveling... and if you are, I'm sure we could all work something out. If you aren't, you all can work something out but I'm prolly not joining in... I'm not that interested in playing just to be the "toughest kid in the block".