View Single Post
Old 07-27-2003, 03:01 PM   #166
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I met three fellow BD members over the weekend- alaklondewen, Sophia the Thunder Mistress, and Phrim.

All three of them were polite and intelligent and provided excellent company.

I expected alak and Sophia to be there, but I had no idea that we would be meeting Phrim. He was in town for some sort of LOTR gaming convention. We were afforded the opportunity to meet with him near the convention center, and I'm glad we did. Downtown Indianapolis is a very pleasant setting, made more so this past weekend by the abundance of cloak-wearing Tolkien fans. I wouldn't mind going back to Indy next summer.

We spent most of our time together eating. The biggest advantage to this was that I had to still my wagging tongue and flapping jaw occasionally to take a bite. Those few precious moments of silence were very much welcomed by my companions. I hope they didn't mind my endless stream of chatter too much, but I couldn't really help it. I'm a talker, especially when I'm in a good mood (and I was in a good mood the whole weekend).

Well, I would say more good things about the weekend, but I have to hit the road out of Indy now. I'd like to finish by saying that meeting alak, Sophia, and Phrim face to face confirmed that all true Tolkien fans are a cut above normal people.

And I really enjoyed myself! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]