View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 10:20 AM   #316
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Fordim blushed from the unexpected attentions of such luminaries. Returning Aman's bow with his own clumsy attempt (he saw her politely hide her snicker) he thanked her for the welcome. "It is I who owe you a debt of gratitude for my admission to this realm, my lady. Were it not for you and the wondrous climes of the Green Dragon Inn I would not have stayed at the Downs for very long. But I must not forget Pio the Inestimable either, nor Child, who also made gaming there so wondrous and rewarding. And lest I be admonished by the Lady Bethberry (whose eye I can see glittering already) and Mistress Aylwen I hasten to add that my time in Rohan was as rewarding as it was challenging. But on to new matters!

"I have, for a time, been wondering about the possibility of bringing a new type of game to the RPG forums of this place. Over in the Mirth Thread there has been an ongoing series of adventures in which vailiant villagers conted with werewolves -- I have thought that such a story might make for an interesting RPG...

"It may be immodest of me to propose something of that nature when I have not been in Gondor for more than a week, but I merely mention it to give Esty something to jot down in her tablets. For it seems to me that a full Werewolf RPG in which the Game Initiator were to assume the duties of a game moderator might be quite entertaining. It would, of course, be an actual RPG and adhere to RPG rules and standards; it would be an RPG modelled on the game of werewolf and not a game of werewolf that attempts to be an RPG. It would also, ideally, be an RPG in which rather, shall we say, experienced gamers would play so that we could keep the game on track and involved with the intrigue of it all...

"But that is mere wondering on my part, and more than likely it is the result of my having taken too much of the ale and bubbly of this fine establishment!"