View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 09:20 AM   #251
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Léof

Well, how do you like that? Léof thought as Rowenna trounced off, leaving him utterly stunned. Ride Eodwine’s horse? Flíthaf was a venerable steed and Léof was unsurprised that he had captured Rowenna’s eye, but to have the nerve to actually request to ride him in a race that Eodwine would no doubt want to ride in himself? Léof’s features settled into a faint scowl. Some people could not simply take what was given to them, and it seemed that Rowenna was one of them, hard as she worked around the camp. But surely Eodwine wouldn’t oblige her anyway; that would teach Rowenna to mind her place.

With that thought in mind, Léof continued about his duties, knowing that there would be several horses to prepare for the race that day. It could not have been ten minutes before Rowenna returned, however, looking absolutely exultant. Léof raised his eyebrows in question. “You may saddle up Flíthaf for me for the race!” she announced, and Léof was again left standing agape. Eodwine must be in quite the expansive mood this morning. Or had Rowenna somehow blackmailed him? Was that even possible? What ever could she have on him? But it was not his place to ask questions, nor could he even think of a prudent way to suggest such a thing.

“Very well, then; he will be ready. Any other surprises I ought to know about before I go and enter myself in the race?” he asked, his tone wry but the question not altogether in jest.