View Single Post
Old 02-22-2004, 05:39 PM   #21
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
A puzzled frown crossed Astalder's brow as he caught the pouch Anhelm tossed to him. It was not that he could not see his captains reasoning, but for him it seemed unnecessary, he had been here a month and had already used his free time to get to know some of the people he would be protecting and many he had to admit had made sure they got to know him.

As Anhelm continued he wondered if the young captain was not in some way questioning their loyalties, but he quickly dismissed that thought and rose with Adenain as their captain dismissed them. Still puzzled he saluted his captain and turned to follow the young lieutenant from the room, But as they reached the door he stopped, asking Adenain if he minded waiting for him, the young man seemed somewhat surprised but nodded and without waiting to see if the lieutenant stayed, he turned back to his captain.

Anhelm raised a questioning eyebrow as he set the pouch of coins on the table. "This is not necessary sir! I have already taken the opportunity to get to know many of the people we are here to protect, You and they already have my fealty." he answered evenly.

"I feel that my time could be better spent getting to know our defences and the outlying area and as I am also aware of the importance of getting to know the men we will be serving with I would rather get to know their skills and capabilities, especially if this threat is to become more serious!" he continued, carefully.

"I agree that we must remain non hostile in our tenuous position, but I see no reason why we can not be prepared for any eventuality." he concluded, his steady gaze regarding his captain trying to garter his reaction and hoping he had not overly step the mark.