View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 07:42 PM   #53
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Ok I've seen the Hobbit and I think it's good for little kids. My mom had read us the Hobbit when I was little and then I saw the movie and as a six year old I thought it was great. And then there's the LOTR cartoon. Half animation/half live action. The bain of my exsistence.
My dad made me watch it when I was four, five, six something like that and it scared the crap out of me. I scare pretty easily and I cover my eyes in PG-13 war movies, it's kinda sad, but it happens. Anyways so this cartoon scared me and I refused to have anything to do with LOTR unless it was the Hobbit.
So right before the FOTR came into theaters (my parents were forcing me to go) I watched it again and laughed 'til I cried. Horribly stupid cartoon I spent ten years being scared of.
So what my point is is that the cartoons are horrible and very stupid, but they keep the main idea to the books. They're not the best, but I think if you're a little kid watching them won't totally ruin your views of LOTR books.