View Single Post
Old 03-02-2004, 11:44 AM   #322
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
The young blacksmith nodded to Aylwen, and turned to Talan.

" This morning you saw an elf-lord in your dreams, did you not?" Pressing into Talan's mind, Amroth gazed at him, and thought, "You see, young one, it is indeed I. "

Talan took a few steps backwards, eyes widening.

Amroth began to release his mind. "You see that I bear you no ill will. But do not mock where you have no understanding, young one. Perhaps my looks belie my age? Yet I knew your ancestors in their ancient homes, along the banks of the river." He withdrew sadly from Talan's mind, but not without one last backward glance. "Talan, they name you? In my tongue that would mark you as a dweller in the branches."

He smiled at that, and turned to Aylwen. "Lady, if there are no horses to be found hereabouts, then I must proceed northwards on foot, and all the sooner. For I have need of haste." He bowed, and gestured towards the river. "The garments loaned to me by Lady Bethberry hang upon the banks. Give her my blessing. And now farewell."

And with that, he nodded to each in turn, and with shining eyes and head held high, walked northwards.

Ędegard said, "Wait. No supplies? No food, no blankets, nothing? You are crazy." He hesitated, watching the young blacksmith walk away.