View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 07:38 PM   #537
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Silmaril Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem
David Gemmell dies at 57. here

I have to admit I've never read any of his work, but for others who have this is tragic news. Let me know his best novel.
That is indeed tragic news, for 57 is yet still in the prime of years. I'm sure Gemmell has stalwart fans among people here at the Barrow Downs and I'm sure that in particular Squatter ahd his friend Palando of the Blue Robe will be saddened to hear of Gemmell's passing. They can probably speak best to his finest work.

I have read but two of his books, Midnight Falcon of the Rigante series and White Wolf. He had a way with history and fantasy; his fans are legion; that I have not read others speaks more to time's intemperate chariot than to any disinterest on my part.

Barrow Downs has a tie-in with the fantasy of Gemmell, for a Rohan game tried once to see if Gemmell's style could be merged with Tolkien's. If any are interested you can take a look at the game Betrayal of Trust.