View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 10:28 PM   #762
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Since I've visited my normal set of sites, and now just find myself trolling, I guess it's a good time to finish like I told Enca I was going to two days ago.

As Diamond said, I went with Form in the morning to greet her. I'm surprised I was able to do it, as I think that was night 1 of 2 that I wound up somehow sleeping at the kitchen table. Luckily we had left early, because we found out that Diamond was flying in on Northwest and they changed terminals, we went to 4 different terminals until finally finding the right one (Logan seriously lacks information desk and the people at them are not very helpful!...go outside and head straight it's like a minute walk...Thanks for sending us into a parking lot that we could not walk straight thru!) Anyway, I told Form that I hope he knew what Di looked like, because all I knew is vaguely remembering glasses. It was quite perfect timing, we finally were in the right terminal and then Di approaches recognizing Form. There was brief awkwardness as I hadn't talked to Di outside of WW games, and I knew from her cold she at first didn't register me. I apologized for not being a welcoming, 'bucket of cheer,' as I was seriously lacking sleep and she was ill. But on the ride back, I discover she's from Wisconsin, a place that I have actually been before, and near the Milwaukee area. After that awkwardness ends, and I think when she's a wolf, she just wants to lynch me because unlike Glirdan, Shasta, or Brinn even in real life WW no one wants to lynch me.

The next two I met were Enca and phantom. I had gone out on a grocery store run to get the turkey with Brinn, Kath, Rune, and Diamond. Brinn and Kath went to get Shasta, where Rune, Di and I headed back to the apartment, me pushing a large wheelie cart full of groceries.

With Enca, you can say, we had eachother at "hello" (to put it politely ). I think all I can say, is after getting back with the cart of groceries, pressing the button to be let in, and being asked the password...umm ya, no one heard the password part. They just heard a bunch of rage and expletives from me to get everyone downstairs and help us carry groceries. This took Rune by shock (and probably Di too) as he says I was very composed on the train and hike up-hill back to the apartment. So...my first impression I give to Enca and phantom went something like this.

" *&$# *@##**&^ get %#$& *bleep* groceries #&^@ _____ everyone ******* &^$# *bleep* NOW!" Of course the tirade probably lasted for a good minute, but you get the gist (and everyone says I'm so kind! ).

But back to Enca and phantom, once letting that out, it was immediately made better by Nienna sending down the entire apartment of 'Downers in mass to get the groceries. Plus seeing two new 'Downers. I was very worried, until Enca was practically cracking up and welcomed me with a good hug. The day she left, she still remains the only 'Downer that I properly serenaded too! I worry a bit too much about first impressions, and anyone who can hear that from me as a first impression and still love me, deserves it!

the phantom, I have conversed with a lot more outside the Downs than Enca, and knowing that I was worried about his reaction too, but was reassured with basically "No big deal. So did you see the Texas-Nebraska game?" He was pretty much how I imagined...talked a lot of sports and werewolf at first (and for anyone who thinks he fixes the Arda Cup results...it's legit, he doesn't), but he proved much more useful in convo than simply at those two topics. I regret not getting a bit more time with him, since he was one of the people who stayed at a hotel, but still a good guy with a good sense of humor.

And now, I feel more drained than at the start (so the plan worked and got me to unwind...woo!) but this means the story has to be continued.

Last edited by Boromir88; 01-10-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote