Thread: It was a day
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 12:56 PM   #27
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
Assuming that MPD stands for Multiple-Personality-Disorder, then I believe that middle-earth has a bona fide case of it: Smeagol/Gollum/Stinker/Slinker/Precious.

Of course, that was brought on by the Ring, so who knows if anyone else has it...

And as for fireworks in a marriage.... are those things that you DON'T want. I'd say go with Radagast, at least he doesn't have an overblown image of himself, and he seems like a good, stay-at-home, kind-type person.

You may have a point about Gollum but I think they were more the tussles of a residual conscience than completely separate identities..

As for fireworks in marriage ... well I am afraid that Radagast may be kind but ... a little dull? Going to spend every evening in his pigeon loft or whatever.... worse even than the typical Noldo, who, according to my theory would be the kind of husband who spends his evenings tinkering with inventions in his shed ( I have this idea that the Silmarils and Palantiri were the over designed result of Nerdanel asking Feanor to make her a night light and baby-monitor for the nursery...) Fireworks sound more fun... and if things get too bad you could contrive a gun-powder related "accident" . BTW it was established in another thread that Teleri men are the husbands of choice for the alpha females of middle earth

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote