Thread: ATM II RPG
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 06:22 AM   #112
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
"Do I believe?" Anakron echoed. "Certainly. Of course."

There was a hint of stifled laughter in his voice, much to Panakeia's relief. He didn't really believe, but he wasn't above having a bit of fun with Skittles. Besides, there was the switchblade to consider. Arguing with a crazed Skittles was probably never a good idea. Arguing with her while a switchblade shone in her hand was foolishly risky.

But, in her devotion to her new religion, Panakeia didn't mind taking stupid risks. The Captain never passed on a chance to put himself in unnecessary danger. And this risk was for the glory of the Federation.

"Anakron can say what he likes. But I don't believe. I'll never believe. Hmmph. RoboSkitt 2000™. How absurd. She doesn't even work properly. Look at her." Panakeia's contempt for the robot, which was now repeatedly bending to touch its toes while chanting a sing-song about abs of steel, poured over her face.

Skittles stepped forward. "You take that back."

"I will not."

Anakron was still chuckling to himself. "This is all most fascinating, but I have business to attend with Lûgnût. I'll see you later. Good-bye!" He strode to the door.

Panakeia didn't like that. "Wait! You can't leave," she cried.

But the door had already closed behind him. Panakeia was torn. Should she follow Anakron or stay with Skittles?

She chose the latter. Panakeia could find Anakron later. He didn't seem to be in any immediate danger of terribly bad behavior. He could manage alone for a little while. At least until she showed this foolish Skittles the error of her ways.

"Skittles, listen to me. You have a choice. You can either join the Federation with me, or perish. Our enemies will not be tolerated."

"Same to you." Skittles stuck out her tongue.

Now Panakeia was angry. She racked her brain for insults to hurl at the robot. She did her worst.

"You found RoboSkitt at a half-off sale."

Skittles retorted, "The Captain is a sissy and uses a stunt-double."

Insults to the Captain's dignity were not to be tolerated. Panakeia flew at Skittles, attempting to wrest the switchblade from her grasp. Skittles slipped aside like the slippy thing that she was, and Panakeia hit the ground. She tried to tumble along the laboratory floor, but that acrobatic skill belonged to the Captain alone. Panakeia's gown became tangled around the leg of the operating table. She was trapped.

Skittles laughed. "Who's going to perish now?" The switchblade flickered.

RoboSkitt chirped, "Kill, kill, kill."

Panakeia tugged at her gown. It didn't budge. She screamed.