View Single Post
Old 10-06-2002, 12:57 PM   #23
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

well said reyna.

I think one thing we should all consider is that this thread contains 'thoughts in progress' i.e. brainstorming.

Perhaps [ and I am most guilty] this is not wise, but I think as long as we listen to the concerns behind the suggestions we will all have a wider view of the downs.

The idea I put forward of eliminating the 'vote for us' link was to give the Downs a chance to stabilaize [perhaps before the next wave after the Two Towers]

this is to help the process of the downs maintaing the very qualities you so enjoyed [ very much liked your tale also, btw, AND you have already read the Silm!]not to create a private clique, but to simply recognize that all things go through cycles and winter, a natural time of pulling in is one of them. We have had a great spring [2000-1] and 2002 was def a time of rapid outward growth, perhaps 2003 can be more nurturing for those already here, and 2004/ the release of the return of the King - will find us all far more healthy and close knit as a community and ready to absorb another 3,500 or so folks w/ ease!

Of course anyone who finds there way here would be free to join, during this suggested 'winter season'.

Of course staying high profile may really be the best way to go.

"look not to the elves for answers for they will see both Yes and No."

I am extremely pleased w/ the Downs and I will happily abide whatever the truly good-willed admins come up w/.

a much belated welcome to the Downs Reyna!

[ October 06, 2002: Message edited by: lindil ]
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote