View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 07:31 PM   #500
Dilettante
Animated Skeleton

Dilettante has just left Hobbiton.
Dilettante is the name, the e at the end is pronounced. I have the worst time spelling Dilettante, so I have to look at it every time I type it.

I have several reasons for choosing this name 1. I wanted something that wasn't the norm, and everything Elvish I liked was already taken. 2. To call someone a dilettante is to say they dabble in something merely for the fun of it. I.e. they aren't professional, they are an amateur. I have about a dozen hobbies and want to know everything about everything. Everything I do (besides my 8-5 job) is for the fun of it, so yes I could classify as a dilettante. 3. In addition to being a huge LOTR fan, I am also a huge Dr. Who fan (Gah! Yes I admit it!) and the Doctor is referred to as 'dilettante' on a couple of occasions. Which is why I initially wanted my name to be Intergalactic Dilettante BUT it would not fit in the box when I was filling out my new member profile. (Don't know why, it just quit filling in letters as I typed.)