View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 03:49 PM   #1481
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Of course one of the things I kept thinking about was Boromir and Faramir. But not really, what would the "five" be then...

Okay, with risk of giving hints to somebody, I am going to think aloud: I am really wondering whether this is not something like Galadriel and something (it's the West thing that makes me think about that), like Galadriel and Fëanor; or then Isildur and Aragorn, or something like that - it's the "test" part. But then again, it cannot be anything like Isildur and Aragorn, because the two were "closest, when both alive". That is troublesome, because otherwise I could well imagine the two being some two people separated in time - say, by five generations, perhaps? - yet they obviously knew each other.

This is all probably rather off, but maybe it will trigger some train of thought... or at least it made me think what it is not.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote