View Single Post
Old 03-29-2004, 06:32 PM   #24
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril Ah, the wonders of Eyeliner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark12_30
Worthy suggestions, I am sure; worthy suggestions. But if we are to talk about floating, fading, and daze, surely Roggie takes the prize. Those who have been torched are sure to fade first, then daze, then float. Besides, nobody with eyeliner like Roggie wears could possibly be overshadowed by any elf (elves being well-known for eschewing makeup of any kind.)

In fact I assert that had Feanor's opponents been wearing the proper eyeliner, even The Fiery Spirit Himself could not have prevailed. No, as Lush taught us all long ago, eyeliner is key. And Roggie Rules.
On the subject of Eyeliner-What of the Easterlings? Might their most excellent Eyeliner possibly have defeated Roggie?

Quote:
A more pertinent question, perhaps, is what if the battle itself had been a swoon battle, taking place in a seafaring atmosphere. For instance, what if the battle had taken place in a river? The heat of the balrog would have evaporated mass quantities into steam, and visibility would have been reduced to feet or inches. How would that have affected the outcome?
Once all the water had been evaporated by the balrog, swooning would be impossible. It would no longer be a swoon battle, and Roggie's eyeliner would prevail. Unless of course the battle involved Easterlings, they might have a chance. Or perhaps a certain pirate who is rather fond of rum...