View Single Post
Old 08-18-2022, 11:31 AM   #89
gondowe
Wight

gondowe has just left Hobbiton.
Quote: Asgon: No doubt, in my personal 'Silmarillion' Asgon does surfive. But I don't see that we have enough evidence to introduce anythink in our text in this project. Which means that if we really want an introduction of what ever kind, we would have to find arguments out of original Tolkien sources for his surfival.
But just to mention it: For me there no chance for a following of Asgon that would surfive with him. I can imaging Asgon staying away from the Hoard, but the rest of Húrins following is needed to transport the Hoard, that means they are under the curse of Mîm and that has to kill them in one way or another.

Agreed. But let only Asgon to leave Doriath. Or even, let Asgon to leave Nargothrond before the carring of the Hoard. Could be?

RD-EX-35: Ok. I think it could be. Agreed.
RD-EX-54: The same, the Dwarves with Sauron convinced me.

Agreed with the new texts but in: Quote:This had before been impossible, because of the Girdle of Melian, an invisible fence maintained by the power and will through which no one with evil intent could pass.

I think the Girdle of Melian was well described in the corpus of the Mithology earlier. The Reader know what is the Girldle of Melian. For that reason I say to erase from the text. Tolkien in the manuscript is describing to a reader that didn't know what was it.

And the geography is well for me, only if we are all agreed to call the ford Sarn Athrod or simply "a stony ford"

About Asasaeg, in my project only try to use words from Tolkien, I don't mind if they are Noldorin, (I manage it as the diferent traditions of the sources), but try to modernised with "modern" words used by him. as Haudh. I don't know if is enough correct but for me Arasaith is valid. So you must decide if is valid for this project.

Greetings.
gondowe is offline   Reply With Quote