View Single Post
Old 07-01-2003, 11:17 AM   #69
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Sting

Quote:
Usually the only way you can leave THIS Earth permanently is by dying.
Duh, Darby, you can always go to live on the moon! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

No, but my serious response to that is I think that people can believe what they want about Life and Death. I believe in reincarnation instead of Heaven and Hell, despite I'm Catholic. But I don't believe that we come back as human, I believe we come back as animals or something like that. I know some people believe (like ancient Egyptians and ancient Greeks) that we go to another world, like an afterlife sort of thing, which means that there's no doubt that some of those people believe after Death we go to Middle-earth. If this is true, then there's no question as to whether you would want to or not, but you must.

Man, I'm rambling again, aren't I? I hate it when I do that! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] Oh well. To lighten the mood of this post, I'll just add that I think our world is too advanced. People have become too dependent on machines as simple as lightbulbs. And if there's on thing I hate about Earth, it's cars. People got around just fine 200 years ago without them, so why do we need them? Just get a horse or a buggy! Those don't pollute the Earth, and they don't need vast plains of asphault and tar to go anywhere! That's the real reason I'd go to Middle-earth. To get away from cars. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote