View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 03:17 PM   #54
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elu Ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elu Ancalime
I am just stubborn. Theres really nothing that I cant beleive it, but the idea that there are female orcs speculates orc society, and reproduction, which if you can understand me, doesnt fit in my mind without wanting to fight. But what about trolls?(originally quated by davem in WHo is TOM BOmbadill thread?)
Quote:
For just at that moment the light came over the hill, and there was a mighty twitter in the branches. William never spoke for he stood turned to stone as he stooped; and Bert and Tom were stuck like rocks as they looked at him. And there they stand to this day, all alone, unless the buds perch on them; for trolls, as you probably know, must be underground before dawn, or they go back to the stuff of the mountains they are made of, and never move again. That is what had happened to Bert and Tom and William.
I think that may be what I thought of in my mind. Trolls, surely, cant have femals, can they? With the names Tom, Bert, and WIlliam they may seem masculine, but didnt Tolkien mean for one of them to be Female? It seems trolls are really unisex or hermaphrodites.
________
Viper Gts-R

Last edited by Elu Ancalime; 03-03-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Elu Ancalime is offline   Reply With Quote