View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 02:59 AM   #130
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I must be cursed.
Okay, first thing: let's make this clear. I absolutely didn't get what was that you were doing in the last minute there, because your post sounded first like you were saying in one sentence "goodbye, I am dying" and in the next "I have always wanted to die, but I am not dying yet". So what was it? What was your vote supposed to accomplish, a tie, or a break?

Otherwise, as for Morsul's death: I think it would obviously be a helpful thing for the Wolves to try to get a Gifted like in every normal game, especially since the Good Wizard would then lose them. The question is, with all the roles being unknown and all, how much of an important thing it would be for them. (What makes this worse to analyse now is also that since we didn't get to hear what his role was, there is no way telling whether he actually was a Gifted or not.)

That said, Morsul mentioned several times that the special roles confused him. By all logic, that would be a sign pointing to him not being a Gifted, unless the baddies would interpret it as a bluff from him. That's the same like what Brinniel said about him downplaying the role of Gifteds.

I tend to agree with Mith that he was certainly not a non-participating player, question is what does it mean in practice. There are many "participating players" (although again, I think Morsul was more active than he was usually, and so maybe that was again a reason for him to stand out as a target).

Of course, "all of the above" is also a reasonable explanation. I mean the more reasons the Wolves have to kill somebody, the more likely they would be to target him, obviously.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote