View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 11:43 AM   #17
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Instead of delving into those I'd like to continue where Kuruharan left us and compare PJ's movies to the Game of Thrones -series. For I think that in the GoT the changes made - sometimes pretty major ones - are actually made for the good. In the GoT the changes are oftentimes consistent, aid the developement of the characters and the plot, make the whole more dynamic and tight-knit... so more or less totally the opposite of the changes in the LotR (not to talk about the Hobbit). *

Now it is true it is easier to lay emphasis on all important issues and build storylines & characters when you can use ten hours to tell a story of a novel, but I still think the GoT screenwriters have something the PJ stuff didn't: an understanding or recognition of the spirit of the original text - and a will to transmit that into another medium.
I am curious now that Season 4 is over if you still feel this way about the GoT changes.

It is not surprising to note that most of the hardcore Song dislike the changes and are growing to have an increasing loathing for the show. Hardcore LOTR fans had similar reactions. The amusing (and slightly annoying) thing is that PJ's Lord of the Foozle trilogy is frequently held up by the Song hardcores as an epic adaptation done right.

I guess all fandoms feel they are abused and exploited the worst.

Last edited by Kuruharan; 06-24-2014 at 01:55 PM. Reason: fixing my coding mistakes
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote