View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 02:12 PM   #49
sallkid
Animated Skeleton

sallkid has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Gosh, Anguirel, that wasn't a very kind welcome.

That part in the movie was fair enough. Although it didn't move me to tears, it did some of my friends (much to my astonishment). I thought it was sweet, but never to the point of tears. It was a good touch, seeing what the hobbits did. In reality, Merry and Pippin didn't necessarily deserve it, but Frodo and Sam did. It would have been better still if Pippin and Merry and bowed, I think. But then Frodo and Sam would have felt really awkward. . .

Yes, welcome to the 'Downs. Hope you have fun.

-- Folwren
But there is an equivalent scene in the book, Gwaihir sings a song called "praise to the halflings" or somesuch, this could be seen as a way of doing that scene whilst peter jackson avoids putting in any of the songs that are essential to middle earth's middle-ages setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfchick7 View Post
True, but there were many other that did just as much if not more. For example, Eowyn and Aragorn. So, why weren't they included?
I don't think that killing the captain of Mordor is quite as incredible an achievement as rousing the ents in open warfare (remember this is an event that had NEVER happened before in the history of middle earth)

Last edited by sallkid; 08-04-2007 at 02:15 PM.
sallkid is offline   Reply With Quote