View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 06:10 AM   #189
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thorn's eyes narrowed on the Borrim lord as the man behaved not as fox, deer, or serpent, but as eagle or perhaps hare.

"Your failure or success depends on your deeds this day. I expect you to do what is right, but you will not if you let fear rule you." He paused. Khandr was shocked by his words and had opened his mouth to round on him again, but Thorn continued in a louder voice.

"I am called Thorn. I was taught to listen to the Song of the Valar. What I have heard lately sent me with these words to you. The words of the Song for others are of no concern to you. That you have demanded these words from me shows that you cannot hear your own heart. Learn to listen to it quickly, or you may do no good before your end. I bid you farewell."

With that, Thorn turned away and blended quickly into the crowd. He realized that Khandr could have him chased and captured and brought before the Ulfings. If that turned out to be the case, then it might very well be Thorn's day to fly beyond the world's edge. If so, he was ready, for beyond the world's edge the Song sang most clearly.

If he was allowed to go free for a little while yet, he had others to confront.