View Single Post
Old 03-07-2004, 03:07 PM   #129
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

“Once, I have met him once, when I was a small girl. He looked so much like my father. And for what he’s like, I can no longer remember, nor do I care as much as I would see his hands covered in his own blood.” Hittai gave a throw of her head as if in silent approval.

She did look rather odd, Hittai and her mistress, both so small but best suited to one another, along side the larger horses. But what Maen’s valiant steed lacked in stature, she made up for in utter cheek.

“What do you mean his own blood?” asked Idruil his eyes wide. “Are you going to fight him?”

Maén shook her head, “I intend to kill him, yes. I’m not a fighter; my father never saw the reasoning in teaching his daughter the art of war, the art of men. What he did not know is that my brother Omerin taught me to look after myself at close quarters, my father never knew, my brother risked much to teach me. If I could only get close enough to Guriel to wound him…” she shook her head.

“I would not begin to wonder how you would achieve that my lady.” Called Ailumr from behind them.

“Never underestimate the power of a female sir. I will warn you once!” she called. “My brothers, they would not come here, Marrlad especially, I never bothered to tell them because I knew father would not approve, and since when have I cared what he thought.” She shrugged. “It would have been fortune at it’s best had I thought that my brothers would have come along. Three fantastic soldiers, well, according to my mother. They were in the army for a long time-” Hittai took it in her liberty to then bite the back flanks of Atharen’s horse.

It took the ranger by surprise. “Miss Maén!”

Maén did not smile. “Don’t look to me, obviously Hittai still recalls your earlier attempt to slit my throat on the road.” Atharen opened his mouth to speak and shut it again.

“Excuse me Miss Il Galoth?” asked Roryn looking at the two of them in surprise.

“Yes, that was how I ran into this ranger. He scared Hittai right out of her skin, then he tried to kill me.”

“Being fair Maén-” Atharen began to defend himself only to be cut off.

“Truce, I will not speak of it again, unless you try to kill me again.”

Last edited by Everdawn; 03-08-2004 at 05:12 AM.