View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #28
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord View Post
Fans would most likely watch a movie anything to do with Middle - Earth regardless if it was written by J.R.R or not. Curiosity.
Well, no. Not the fans that actually know something about the creation of LOTR and realise that all that is fanfiction. Some might come because they are movie fans and don't realize/care that that's not book material at all anymore. Others might come, as you said, out of curiosity. But a significant number won't bother with it. There are some wise people among our number who didn't waste money on TH movies, and I'm positive that this number will increase if the next big "LOTR" film will be a fanfic. Personally, while I probably will watch the rest of TH with the family, I would not even consider going to a fanfic film, especially if it's made in the style of LOTR and TH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord
To me, this implies there is an ultimately high chance of 'new evil' coming forth. Most of you would watch it, regardless if it was J.R.R Tolkiens work or not as stated before.
I would echo Legate here. While it's true that there is still evil (and evil is still evil, no matter who does it or why he does it or how it ends, and Mandos would say), there is no centre for it. No real source. Imagine that you used to have a huge tree. Then you chopped the tree down and planted grass over the spot. Sure, there's lots of grass growing there now, and grass is plants just the same as trees, but it's petty in comparisson. It's only strength is in the number of grass plants (compared to one tree). Morgoth, and later Sauron, were like the trees in that sense. After they were thrown into the Void, there's no doubt that evil continued to exist - but in the form of grass. Never something centered, never something as powerful. Many, but little and petty evil deeds.