View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 03:18 AM   #237
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
So, what all has to be accomplished for this day before we move along?
I wanted to ask the same question - it seems like the basic setup and arrival stuff is getting wrapped up quite nicely. So maybe, do we want to slowly make some shorter timejump - of course after all dialogues in-progress are finished (I guess especially Scyld-Rowenna, possibly Eodwine, mostly?). We could then do several things: since it's what, late-ish afternoon? Either wrap up the whole day and everyone could basically write what their character has been doing for the rest of the time, or then we could jump for example to everyone getting/sitting at the meal and stop at that for more detail; that would obviously be nicer if people wanted to use it for interacting, but only if they wanted to use it for interacting - it probably won't be that much fun describing how one's munching a porridge and looking around; that can be done equally well in a sum-up post of the whole day. Then, I guess, more organising can be done later.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories