View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 09:23 PM   #108
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Leaf

Quote:
Nerindel, what does Adhel intend to do?
Well quite simply she plans to administer a Hawthorn tonic, though I have given it it's gemanic name (Hagehorn) in my post. Hawthorn was an extremely valuable medicinal herb and was used widely in anglo-saxon medicine to treat a number of ailments, not least of all feelings of congestion and oppression in the hearth region Basically it is a Cardiotonic, that will increase the blood flow to the heart. It also goes by several names including Mayblossom, Whitethorn, Hagthorn and Ladies meat, but to name a few.

I know Bethberry tended Saeryns injury in the White Horse, but I don't know if she kept a store of medicinal supplies in the inn, that is why I left my post open, hoping either Saeryn or Eodwine would know the answer. She will need either a ready made tonic or the berries of the hawthorn bush itself, either fresh or dried which she will crush and add to water to make the tonic.

Quote:
And is it Ašelhild, or Aņeldhild? I thought it was Ašelhild but is that wrong?
Yes it is Ęšelhild. so no worries about anyone developing lip and tongue injuries trying to pronunce it!